Parents - Please use the links below for any questions you might have about Summer 2022!
Application Process and Employment Contract
- Step 1 – Complete application on website.
- Step 2 – Interview via Zoom/Facetime with area director.
- Step 3 – Attend Lifeguard Class.
- Step 4 – Complete Paperwork and attend orientation. It must be done in this order. Your child will not be able to attend class if they have not interviewed.
- Dates of Employment Commitment: May 1 – Sept 31st.
- Lifeguard expectations: https://a-beautifulpools.com/lifeguards/apply-now/.
- They will attend an onsite orientation at their assigned pool in April/May. These are posted here: https://a-beautifulpools.com/lifeguard-staff-member-info/employee-resources/lifeguard-pool-orientation-2022/. If they cannot attend they MUST complete this excuse here: https://form.jotform.com/212284476734158. They will need to select which make up orientation they will attend, so please look at the list above first.
- Contract – 2022 Operations Manual. This was provided to your child at lifeguard class, and they sign then. This can be accessed on Paycom.
- Class registration link: https://a-beautifulpools.com/lifeguard-staff-member-info/lifeguard-classes/
- At class they will be tested on pre-requisite skills that include a brick test, laps, and CPR testing on adult and child. They will also be given a written test. We offer testing accommodations that mirror what your child is offered in school. Please do not be afraid to ask. Give us a call in the office and we can go over accommodations for your child.
- They will be provided continuous training throughout the season via weekly in-service at their pools.
- We will keep the lifeguarding card on file until the end of summer. The employee was charged a cheaper “employee” price for the lifeguarding class because you were applying for employment with A-Beautiful Pools. We will email the certification to any school/camp entity that is necessary if you provide the information for the entity in writing to email@example.com. If for some reason you would like the card early at any point in the summer, you must pay the “non-employee” rate at the time of the request. The cost is $50.00. At the end of the summer, we will email your card to the employees email address on file.
- Operations Manual 2022 . Available available for employees to view on their Paycom Acct.
- Authorization of Deductions. In Manual.
- Minor Consent Form. In Manual.
- Drug Test Policy. In Manual.
- LG Expectations: https://a-beautifulpools.com/lifeguards/apply-now/.
Time, Attendance & Payroll
- Holidays: Memorial Day weekend, 4th of July, and Labor Day Weekend are days that all employees are expected to work.
- # of hours worked: Your child may work as many hours as they would like. Their supervisor will ask for their availability for each upcoming 2 week period.
- Clock In: Our lifeguards use Time Tracker 365 to clock in and out. www.timetracker365.com. If the app is not working for any reason , please have them use the “call in” system. This info is posted at the pool , and on pg. 20 of the Employee Manual.
- Getting More Hours: Every lifeguard has a home pool that they will get the majority of their hours . They have the option to SUB at different pools around their neighborhood/area if they want more hours. They can check postings at the pools around them and reach out to their supervisor.
- Payroll Information: Step 1: Check email. Login information for Paycom will be sent to the employee email within 10 days after completion of class. Step 2: Fax or email direct deposit information to our payroll dept. This is required. Fax: 281–378-7100. Email Payroll directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Staff Software and Platforms
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/abeautifulpools
- Instagram: @abpools
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/abeautifulpools
- Time Tracker: www.timetracker365.com
- Paycom: www.paycom.com
- Group Me Messaging: https://groupme.com/en-us/
- Rules and polices Start on Pg. 6 of the Employee Manual.
- Fine List on Pg. 8 of the Employee Manual.
Employee FUN & REWARDS
- June 15. Dive In Movie Night at Southcreek Village- Park Falls.
- July 4. Decorating Competition
- July 13th. Dive in Movie Night at Greatwood 3.
- July 18th. Dive in Movie Night at Pine Mill Ranch.
- July 25th. Lifeguard Olympics at The Club at Aliana.
- August 1st. SUMMER PROM. Location TBD.
- August 6th. Lifeguard Appreciation Day at All Pools. Treats from supervisors all day.
- August 7th. Supervisor end of Season Dinner and Celebration at District 249. 6-9pm.
Chain of Command and Help Solving Problems
- On Pg. 2 of Employee Manual.
Owner –> Aquatics Directors –> Office Staff/Repair Dept. –> Supervisors –> Asst. Supervisors –> Managers –>Head Guards –> Lifeguards.
If there is a problem at a pool – have your child reach out their Supervisor.
- Time Off Forms are sent from the office to your lifeguard every two weeks and are due promptly to avoid being scheduled at a time when they are not able to work!
- If a lifeguard does not complete a form we will either schedule them when they are needed and they may need to get subs, or not schedule them resulting in no hours.
- We will also begin the process of reaching out to parents if we do not get a response!
- If lifeguards are scheduled when they cannot work (as they have a conflict that comes up after they complete the form) then the lifeguard will be responsible for finding the sub for that shift.