Parents - Please use the links below for any questions you might have about Summer 2023!
Application Process and Employment Contract
- Step 1 – Complete application on website.
- Step 2 – Interview via Facetime with area director. *Once Pools open, we will reach out to the applicant directly regarding available positions and advise next steps.
- Step 3 – Attend Lifeguard Class.
- Step 4 – Complete Paperwork and attend orientation. It must be done in this order.
- Dates of Employment Commitment: May 1 – Sept 31st.
- Lifeguard expectations: https://a-beautifulpools.com/lifeguard-staff-member-info/employment-opportunities/.
- They will attend an onsite orientation at their assigned pool in April/May. These are posted here: https://a-beautifulpools.com/lifeguard-staff-member-info/employee-resources/lifeguard-pool-orientation-2023/. If they cannot attend they MUST complete this excuse here: https://form.jotform.com/212284476734158. They will need to select which make up orientation they will attend, so please look at the list above first.
- Contract – 2023 Operations Manual. This was provided to your child at lifeguard class, and they sign then. This can be accessed on Paycom.
- Class registration link: https://a-beautifulpools.com/lifeguard-staff-member-info/lifeguard-classes/
- At class they will be tested on pre-requisite skills that include a brick test, laps, and CPR testing on adult and child. They will also be given a written test. We offer testing accommodations that mirror what your child is offered in school. Please do not be afraid to ask. Give us a call in the office and we can go over accommodations for your child.
- They will be provided continuous training throughout the season via weekly in-service at their pools. The Inservice schedule can be found here.
- We will keep the lifeguarding card on file until the end of summer. The employee was charged a cheaper “employee” price for the lifeguarding class because you were applying for employment with A-Beautiful Pools. We will email the certification to any school/camp entity that is necessary if you provide the information for the entity in writing to email@example.com. If for some reason you would like the card early at any point in the summer, you must pay the “non-employee” rate at the time of the request. The cost is $50.00. At the end of the summer, we will email your card to the employees email address on file.
- Operations Manual: Available available for employees to view on their Paycom Acct. The documents listed below can be found in the Operations Manual.
- Authorization of Deductions.
- Minor Consent Form.
- Drug Test Policy.
- LG Expectations: https://a-beautifulpools.com/lifeguard-staff-member-info/
- LG Agreement: https://form.jotform.com/abpools/lifeguard-employement-agreement.
Time, Attendance & Payroll
- Holidays: Memorial Day weekend, 4th of July, and Labor Day Weekend are days that all employees are expected to work.
- Number of hours worked: Your child may work as many hours as they would like. Their supervisor will ask for their availability for each upcoming 2 week period.
- Clock In: Our lifeguards use Time Tracker 365 to clock in and out. www.timetracker365.com. If the app is not working for any reason , please have them use the “call in” system. This info is posted at the pool , and on pg. 20 of the Employee Manual in Paycom.
- Getting More Hours: Every lifeguard has a home pool that they will get the majority of their hours . They have the option to SUB at different pools around their neighborhood/area if they want more hours. They can check postings at the pools around them and reach out to their supervisor.
- Payroll Information: Step 1: Check email. Login information for Paycom will be sent to the employee email within 10 days after completion of class. Step 2: Fax or email direct deposit information to our payroll dept. This is required. Fax: 281–378-7100. Email Payroll directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Paystubs can be found in paycom. There is a mobile app as well.
Staff Software and Platforms
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/abeautifulpools
- Instagram: @abpools
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/abeautifulpools
- Time Tracker: www.timetracker365.com
- Paycom: www.paycom.com
- Group Me Messaging: https://groupme.com/en-us/
- Rules and polices Start on Pg. 6 of the Employee Manual.
- Fine List on Pg. 8 of the Employee Manual.
Employee FUN & REWARDS
- June 14 (Wednesday): Luau Party 8pm at Gleannloch Farms Bluff
- July 4 (Tuesday): Decorating Competition
- All pools are invited to decorate their pools for Independence Day and compete for a $100 bonus to be split among the lifeguards that participate in the decorating. The judging will be held throughout the day of July 4th.
- July 10 (Monday): Glow Party 8pm at Riverstone Water Park
- **See text messages and email reminders for Sign Up link**
- July 19 (Wednesday): Lifeguard Olympics at Cross Creek Ranch Adventure Island.
- The Lifeguard Games and Lifeguard Competition with a company-wide lifeguard event to show off who has the best skills or ability to compete just for fun! Amazing Awards and FUN! Grab some friends, make a team of four and have a blast competing and cheering for fellow lifeguards! ** See text messages and email reminders for Sign Up link**
- August 2 (Wednesday): End of Summer Beach Party at Cinco Ranch Beach Club
- More info to come. **See text messages and email reminders for Sign Up link**
- August 5 (Saturday): Lifeguard Appreciation Day– All Pools
- Treats and “that loving feeling and groovy vibes” from your supervisors all day!
- August 6 (Sunday):Supervisor End of Season Dinner and Celebration 6:00-9:00 PM. Location TBA.
- Event for Supervisors and Office Staff
- August 21: Scholarship Essay for College Students
- TOPIC: TBA. Due by midnight Monday, August 21, 2023. E-mail to email@example.com and write “2023 Scholarship Essay” in the subject line of the essay. Essay must be a MINIUIM of 1000 words.
Chain Of Command and Help Solving Problems
On Pg. 2 of Employee Manual.
Owner –> Aquatics Directors –> Office Staff/Repair Dept. –> Supervisors –> Asst. Supervisors –> Managers –>Head Guards –> Lifeguards.
If there is a problem at a pool – have your child reach out their Supervisor.
- Time Off Forms are sent from their Supervisors to your lifeguard every two weeks and are due promptly to avoid being scheduled at a time when they are not able to work!
- If a lifeguard does not complete a form we will either schedule them when they are needed and they may need to get subs, or not schedule them resulting in no hours.
- We will also begin the process of reaching out to parents if we do not get a response!
- If lifeguards are scheduled when they cannot work (as they have a conflict that comes up after they complete the form) then the lifeguard will be responsible for finding the sub for that shift.